mapgiftshop pinklogo1000

This great Archway shop has an amazing and unique gift selection to suit any occasion. Look no further for designer jewellery, children’s toys, candles and toiletries.

Free delivery to UK over £40! We post Internationally.
Opening Hours: Mon to Sat 10am - 6pm / Sun 11am - 4pm
Phone: +44 (0)20 7687 4005

Q&A with Satsuki May who makes intricate and delicate jewellery using semi-precious stones and crystals.

Q: What made you become interested in jewellery?

I was born in Tokyo into a craft loving family, I have always loved making things, using my hands, and being creative, About three years ago, I started jewellery making and discovered it is wonderful medium of creativity for me, I really enjoy experimenting with different styles and wearing my designs.

satsuki may jewellery 1

Q: What inspires you?

London is such an amazing eclectic city, ideas can come from anywhere, from what I hear, taste, touch and smell, too. The smell of Indian curry gives me a colour palette of red, saffron yellow and green, and the sounds of train passing outside my flat reminds me of oxidised hammer textured metal. I love exploring London and looking for the little details in architecture both modern and historic, spending time in art galleries and museums and wandering London's many green spaces - especially the changing nature found on Hampstead Heath.

Satsuki May Jewellery - Gold

Q: The materials you use and why?

I mostly use wires and metal sheet, the reason being they are very versatile, I add glass, semi-precious gemstones and crystals for colour and sparkles.

Satsuki May Jewellery - flowers

Q: What makes your jewellery unique?

I like tiny twists in my jewellery here and there that make each piece a little weird and wonderful. My work is very delicate and detailed and often very labour intensive. I will continue to experiment and develop new techniques along my artistic journey.

Satsuki May Jewellery - leaf

We are showcasing Satsuki May's full range of jewellery in store during March and April.

With a small selection online too.

PAYMENT AND DELIVERY

Free delivery to UK over £40.00

Flat fee £4.70 all orders under £40.00. We accept PayPal and all major Credit and Debit Cards. We post Internationally. Find out International shipping cost.

Payment and Delivery

GIFT CAMPAIGN

Fabulous coaster absolutely free!

If you write a review of our shop on google+, we will give you one of our fabulous Archway N19, Tufnell Park or Kentish Town NW5 coasters absolutely free!

The campaign

Write a review